Friday, February 5, 2010

Dang, man.

The well has run dry. From this point on I live my life on a check-to-check basis. With $240 in the bank, I can reassure you that its not comforting. No, I don't feel "empowered". I don't care if I'm the FIRST GIRL in my family to go to COLLEGE, I don't care that I have a job and I'm doing it on my own. I'll be honest, I think I'd much rather do without the street-cred and be comfortable without a worry in the world. Here I am, turning the house upside down as I look for that stash of rolled pennies and Canadian money in my bedroom so I can hurry on down to the bank and cash it in. Fuck. And then, once the initial freaking-out has subsided, I find myself having yet another pity party. What the hell am I doing here? "Brandi, you're going to school. YOU'RE GOING TO BE SOMETHING!" Yeah right. I'm here pumping ten-thousand dollars into a piece-of-shit institution...and then being charged for the interest. Life is a real son of a bitch, I'll tell you that much. I'm counting down the days 'til I'm human again. Same problems, but at least the people there won't be clad in neon frat tanks as they pull up in their Audis to their $750/mo DP house covered in empty Keystone cans.

I'm gonna make it. But it sure as hell aint easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment