Sunday, January 24, 2010

"Don't get frustrated, get motivated. Did you hear what I said? I said don't get frustrated, get motivated. You always stay positive, okay?"

Thanks, Daddy. I'm trying my hardest to keep my head up. But I've got to admit...it gets pretty damn tough sometimes. You're absolutely right, I've just got to keep moving forward and let this all be a lesson learned. Still, I can't help but feel shitty every time I remember my hasty decision. What the hell am I doing out here? What on earth was I thinking? I just want to be done with this town. Done with the antics, done with the snootiness, the selfish fucking corporate monsters. I'm just amazed at how they can rob you, $1100 a pop, and toss you into some shit hole because they know that eventually, some poor, desperate kid is going to need a place to sleep before midterms. I suppose it wouldn't be so bad if my copilot wasn't taking a nonstop apathetic nap. I guess that's life. And in the midst of school, work, mold, and some pretty fantastic jr. high kids, I've learned to keep up that nylon smile and make it through the day, one painful step at a time. But goddamn, I just want my family back. I want my money back. I can't wait to leave "The Best Shithole in the World" (give me a break) and do something good.

Pfft.

No comments:

Post a Comment